Skip to main content


Translate this page

If you need to translate ( ترجمة , përkthej, ترجمهکردن , wergerandin, 翻译, tłumaczyć , traduceți, অনুবাদ করা ) this page, click here for instructions.

Specialist advisors

Laws and regulations around immigration can be confusing, which is why its best to seek specialist help. OISC illegal to give advice…

International Care Network (ICN)

ICN has been registered to give immigration advice since 2004.

They assist people with:

  • Applications to enter the UK
  • Visa extensions
  • Regularising status (for those here without permission)
  • Applications for British citizenship

They don’t work on asylum claims as they require specialist assistance and legal aid, but they can refer asylum claimants to trusted organisations. Similarly, they don’t represent applications for working or student visas (the points-based system) but can signpost clients to others who do this work.

If you would like some immigration advice, call their office on 01202 589385.

UK International Solutions (UKISS)

UKISS offer OISC accredited Immigration Advise (Levels 1, 2 and 3)

They assist people with:

  • Human rights
  • Asylum & refugee status
  • European Settlement & E.U law
  • Other Home Office applications
  • Business Registration & Visas
  • Indefinite leave to remain
  • Family & Student visa
  • Becoming a British Citizen

They have a free (no cost) Drop In Sessions at Boscombe Library, 32 Hawkwood Road, Boscombe BH5 1BY, twice a month on Mondays between 10:00-12:00. The dates for these Drop In Sessions in 2020 are:

  • 13th January
  • 27th January
  • 10th February
  • 24th February
  • 9th March
  • 23rd March
  • 20th April

Sessions last about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on numbers. A maximum of 20 people will be seen in a day. They reserve the right to refuse to hold a consultation.

If you would like some immigration advice, call their office on 07707324416 

EU Settlement Scheme

The EU Settlement Scheme has been introduced by the UK Home Office to ensure that EU, EEA or Swiss Citizens can apply for the right to continue living and working in the UK after 30th June 2021. It is free to apply.

Dorset Wide EU Settlement Scheme Project

Citizens Advice Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, Citizens Advice in Dorset and Dorset Race Equality Council are working in partnership to assist in delivering the EU Settlement Scheme across Dorset.

Their role is to provide practical support to enable vulnerable client groups to apply for the scheme. They will be meeting and engaging with local communities about the project and accepting referrals for assistance from their caseworkers.

Their advice is free. They aim is to make the application process as accessible as possible for all the clients we meet.

Find out more

The Right to Remain Toolkit

The Right to Remain Toolkit is a guide to the UK immigration and asylum system. It gives an overview of the legal system and procedures, with detailed information on rights and options at key stages, and actions you can take in support of your claim, or to help someone else.