Skip to main content

Translate this page

If you need to translate ( ترجمة , përkthej, ترجمهکردن , wergerandin, 翻译, tłumaczyć , traduceți, অনুবাদ করা ) this page, click here for instructions.

< Click here

How does the UK education system work?

The Home Office, a UK government department has guide book for adults who have been granted asylum in England to access public services. Chapter 6 of this guidance refers to Education. The guide can be found here.

The guide is also available in Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Kurdish Sorani, Farsi, Pashto, Punjabi, Tigrinya, Urdu, and Vietnamese. These guides can be found here.

How to apply for schools

Schools are free for children and you must apply to your local authority for a place. To find out more follow these links

If you are unsure if whether you live in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole, follow this link and enter your postcode.